Friday, May 06, 2005

experts say the most effective advertising reaches the consumers' needs, joining a conversation they're already having inside their minds

So, I want a digital camera. They're just cool. But, I'm picky, and I love my old school, circa 1965, all manual SLR, so it's a trade off. Do I want the convenience? Or do I want to be a snobby photography purist? Alas, the quandry. What I really want is a digital SLR, which, the last time I priced 'em, were only realistic for Bill Gates or thieves.

That's why I was so glad to see a TV commercial for a digital SLR. If they're doing a media blitz, then surely the product must be within the reach of the general public (not that I, in my college-induced impoverished state necessarily qualify as general public, but still). I watched the commercial eagerly, to see how this cameral might fit into my life. It featured a giant rhinoceros lumbering through a suburban neighborhood, ravaging neatly manicured lawns and shaking all the homes. Conveniently enough, though, one of the neighbors just happens to be across the street catching all this on his handy-dandy digital SLR.

Yup. I definitely gotta get me one of those--and soon, because you just never know. . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe the correct spelling is: quandary Ms. English.

Anonymous said...

I don't think you should be correcting anyone's spelling, Mr. "My-spelling-sucks-despite-being-such-an-avid-reader"

curiousceridwen said...

I stand corrected. Actually, I sit. Sort of. This hand-me-down swivel chair in my office is more like one of those mechanical bulls in bars, and I fear being bucked at any moment.

And why post anonymously, sir, if you're so sure you're right? No matter, that oh-so-anonymous 2 has you figured out.